Clarity is seeking an experienced software and hardware product manager to join our globally distributed startup. Our goal is to reduce air pollution by offering accurate air quality readings to organizations around the world. As product manager at Clarity, you will play a critical role in bringing cleaner air to the world by contributing to product discovery, planning, and management.
We are dedicated to reducing air pollution by making it possible to measure and understand air quality issues. Our customers come from government, NGOs, community groups, academia, and industry. We offer them accurate air quality readings at a previously unseen spatio-temporal scale through our air quality monitoring platform.
Our low-cost air quality sensor nodes and add-on modules are designed to acquire air quality readings. The data is then translated into accurate measurements through our Cloud-based data pipeline, which performs calibration and quality control. The data is served to our users through our Clarity Dashboard and Customer API, and our air quality experts manage monitoring projects remotely: We call this Sensing-as-a-Service.
As a Product Manager, you will work directly under our CTO & Co-Founder and play a critical role in driving the development and success of our multidisciplinary product.
You will participate in customer calls and interviews, organize customer feedback, define and analyze product metrics, monitor the competitive landscape, support the creation of sales and marketing collateral, provide internal product training, and participate in marketing activities including webinars and conferences.
On the software front, you will learn how our systems are being used and where the greatest needs are. With that understanding you will create feature concepts and specifications, blending user needs and technical constraints. You will develop UX storyboards, iterate as we build and test, collect user feedback through to release, write user-documentation and manage rollouts.
On the hardware front, you will work on onboarding hardware vendors to our platform, finding synergies between their expertise in producing measurement equipment and our strength in integrating instruments into our internet-connected and easily-deployed solution. Additionally, you will manage new hardware product pilots and learn from field deployments.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management.
- Strong understanding of software and hardware development process.
- Proven passion for working with customers and applying lean productmanagement principles.
- Excellent prioritization and coordination skills for delivery of multiple features simultaneously across teams and product lines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate technical information for non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Business).
- You did well in your physics classes and are able to learn new highly technical topics quickly.
- You have a passion for reducing air pollution and improving the environment.
- Full-time position
- Reports to Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder
- Location: Fully remote position, but ideally to be located in the US Eastern, EU Western or EU Central time zone
Working at Clarity has its perks:
● We are remote-work friendly, offer flexible working hours, and encourage all employees to use their unlimited PTO
● For all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities
● Clarity holds regular hybrid (virtual and in-person) team and company events
Clarity Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other basis protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed on arolling basis until the position is filled.
Learn more about Clarity Movement and ourwork on our website at https://www.clarity.io/
Join our team and help bring cleaner airto the world!