Oversee accounting, finance functions, closely working with all business functions including implementing new systems and processes, preparing for an annual audit, and implementing controls applicable to the stage of the company as it grows. Primary interface to oversee the outsourced bookkeeping firm, and to team with an interim fractional CFO mentor.Opportunity for growth and advancement by assuming additional responsibilities and functions that may be brought in-house over time.
● Oversee and own month-end accounting close process, including journal entries, maintaining or reviewing all balance sheet account reconciliations, trend analysis and other reporting requirements and to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
● Prepare for the 1st annual audit (CY2022 to be completed mid-2023), including quickly to assess, recommend and resolve any gaps or improvements required to be fully GAAP compliant
● Ensure revenue recognition, deferred revenue recording and the related contract asset (deferred hardware costs) are accurately recorded by contract/ invoice under ASC 606, including maintaining the ARR (license) data base, impact of treatment of any RMAs and COGS
● With Operations, maintain and properly inventory quantity and costing, buy-sell transfers to the outsourced equipment CM, implementation of new contact data base
● With HR, payroll and related including international
● Coordinate Bill.com approvals and payments, establish and maintain credit card processes; ensure full monthly accrual accounting (sales commissions, sales taxes, late invoices)
● Participate in developing and maintaining internal controls applicable to the size of the business, ensuring quality controls overall transactions and reporting as well as drive process improvements and scalable solutions
● Collaborate with various functional leaders within the Company to support the accounting close process and to drive trend analysis
● Assist in technical accounting and reporting research activities as well as other ad-hoc projects
● Longer-term (post audit) to assume FP&A(planning) duties and financial model / metrics, Board reporting
● A CPA with 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting and finance, including public accounting firm experience
● 4+ year degree in accounting
● Tech experience including ASC 606implementation, evaluating impact of non-custom license agreements, ARR and other SaaS metrics, inventory, cost accounting, outsourced manufacturing
● Excellent communication (written and verbal),organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
● Self-motivated- able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
● Strong analytical and organization skills, with impeccable attention to detail
● Planning, Modeling (FP&A) experience is a plus; and/or at a minimum the willingness and proven analytical skills to assume responsibility for the financial model and SaaS metrics over time
Clarity is a globally distributed organization with headquarters in Berkeley, CA. We are empowering the world to reduce air pollution. We do that by making it possible to measure and understand air pollution issues and then take action.
Today, when cities or industrial facilities want to measure air quality, they have to spend a lot of money on expensive equipment, installation, and maintenance - to get the accurate data needed to attack air quality problems.
Clarity has a better approach.With many low-cost devices spread over a geographic area, our customers can perform hyper-local monitoring where information is relayed into the cloud and then flows into web-based tooling to drive analysis and decisions.
We envision a world where novel sensing technology, IoT, and cloud computing simplify air quality measurement, enabling cities and industrial facilities to scale up the number of monitoring sites and take data-driven action. Our Sensing-as-a-Service solution for air quality is currently deployed in over 65 countries and is changing how municipalities and industrial facilities approach air quality.
We are a diverse group of engineers, scientists, makers, and business people - motivated by doing something good in the world. We have software engineers around the world and a hardware team centered in Berkeley. A customer success team, also geographically distributed, supports our customers now spanning 6 continents.
Terms of Employment
● Full-time, exempt position
● Compensation is commensurate with experience
● Clarity offers a robust benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible paid time off, a 401(k) program, and additional funds for the costs of working from home
● Reports to Chief Executive Officer
● Location:This is a fully remote, work-from-home position. Clarity Movement has no central office but staff collaborates extensively via video call meetings. The candidates must furnish their own quiet office space for meetings. ClarityMovement provides a computer and other basic office equipment to ensure you are set up for being able to work comfortably, along with additional funds for the costs of working from home.
Clarity Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexualorientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other basis protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.