Effective Date Changes
Effective date is 08/18/2020.
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Services. Clarity may make changes to the Site in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. Clarity will post all such changes on the Site, so you should review this page periodically. If we make a material change to the Policy, you will be provided with appropriate notice.
Information You Submit
When you log-in to or create an account with the Services, we collect the information you provide.This information may include personally identifiable information such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address and password. We may also collect your job title and information about the business or organization that you are associated with. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on theServices.
Information Collected Automatically
When you use the Services, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Services and the content you submit and view. This also includes server log data such as the IP address, operating system, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site. As described below, we also collect this information through a number of other means, including cookies, software development kits (“SDKs”) and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Services, but in those situations, we will treat that information consistently with the terms of this Policy.
Use and Processing of Information
We use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. Our legal bases for processing your personal information are: 1) our legitimate interest in running and maintaining our business; 2) performance and fulfillment of our contracts; 3) your consent; and4) compliance with our legal obligations. In many instances, more than one of these legal bases apply to the processing of your personal information.
The purposes for which we may use your information include:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information, including, for example, to create and maintain a Services account for you or respond to a question that you e-mail to us or submit through our customer service chat functionality. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Services to you.
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Services.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Services in order to help us improve the Services and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Terms and Conditions of Service or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Services.
- We may use the information we collect automatically for interest-based advertisements, as described below.
- We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Services with other information that we collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via e-mail, phone or postal mail. We will handle such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to third-party partners, including (without limitation) organizations and institutions with which you indicate an affiliation, in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- Clarity uses contractors and third-party service providers to provide the Services to our users and to help us provide services in connection with the Services. For example, we use third parties for email marketing and product fulfillment. Such third parties may receive information from us for use for such purposes.
- We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on the Services to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third-party sources in order to generate such reports.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Clarity, our users, and third parties.
You can contact Clarity to amend or delete your user account information at any time. Please note that while changes or deletions to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Services account user information does not affect any other information collected by Clarity, which Clarity may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have additional rights available to you. These rights may include:
● The right to be informed about our data collection practices;
● The right to access and rectify your data;
● The right to erase your data;
● The right to data portability;
● The right to restrict and object to the processing of your data (including for direct marketing purposes); and
● The right to withdraw your consent (to the extent applicable).
If you are an EU resident or a resident of a different jurisdiction where these rights apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We may engage third party online advertising technology service providers to help us deliver advertisements to you on websites you visit after using the Services. This is a common practice known as “re-targeting.” For information about these practices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative websiteor the Digital Advertising Alliance website at http://www.aboutads.info/. You may remove yourself from targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Like many websites, the Services does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers, but you can limit tracking through these third-party programs by taking the steps discussed above.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
Transfer As Corporate Asset
In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Clarity, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
Children Under 13
Clarity does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Services are intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Services and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Services, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work to delete that Services account and any such personally identifiable information.
The information that we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. We may also subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the Site or by providing any personal or other information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
We retain personal information about you necessary to fulfill the purpose for which that information was collected or as required or permitted by law. We do not retain personal information longer than is necessary for us to achieve the purposes for which we collected it. When we destroy your personal information, we do so in a way that prevents that information from being restored or reconstructed.